Cardiff and Vale
Unpaid Carers Assembly 2023
Join us at the Cardiff and Vale Unpaid Carers Assembly to help shape the future of care
Cardiff and Vale Carers Assembly is a unique event specifically designed by carers, for carers, and with carers
Please come along and meet the local organisations who provide services and support. You will be able to ask any questions you have and find out the latest updates and plans.
This is also a chance to connect, share experiences, and build a support network with other carers.
This event is entirely free, including lunch and refreshments.
We look forward to warmly welcoming you at the event.
Date: 20 November 2023
Location: Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
Keynote Speaker: Heledd Fychan MS
- Julie Morgan MS, Deputy Minister for Social Services
- Heledd Fychan – MS for Central South Wales
- Ceri Higgins – Unpaid carer and campaigner
- Sylvia Penny – Unpaid carer and campaigner
- Katy Styles – Unpaid carer, founder of the ‘We Care’ Campaign and grassroots campaigner.
- Dr Siobhan O’Dwyer, Maria Cheshire-Allen and Daniel Burrows – Researchers with an interest in unpaid care.
- San Leonard and Joanne Bartlett – San works for Social Firm Wales and Jo works for Cwmpass. They will be talking and presenting on social enterprise.
- Tom Magner- journalist with an interest in unpaid care.
We want every child in Cardiff and Vale to have the opportunity to thrive. Our work focuses on children in vulnerable situations and the services that support them.
We know how hard it can be to find help when people need it the most. We want to make sure there is community support to help people stay as healthy as possible so they can carry on doing the things that matter most to them.
As a Partnership we have worked together with people with a learning disability, their families, carers and the third and independent sector to produce a clear direction for the planning and delivery of adult learning disability services across the region over the next five years.